General forum area dedicated to the MultiDat Gaming BF2 Servers
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1

1.: The tanks. They are just too overpowered for this small map. It doesn't make fun if you get killed by a guy in a tank all the and you can kill him only, if you are die 2-4 times.

2. The Artillery. Maybe the arti is the onliest really usefull weapon against the tanks but if your team doesn't has all flags it's really annoying get baseraped by the arti all the time (and this server doesn't have a high "population"). So this mixture of arty and tanks, especially if the enemy has both tanks,is leading that the players are leaving the server and that would be sad.

Thanks for your feedback.

1.: The tanks. They are just too overpowered for this small map. It doesn't make fun if you get killed by a guy in a tank all the and you can kill him only, if you are die 2-4 times.

Do you mean the tanks itself or the modifications?
I think the problem is that there are just too few players on groundops.
If there are more players, you will see the tanks getting destroyed very
fast by anti-tank players.

2. The Artillery. Maybe the arti is the onliest really usefull weapon against the tanks but if your team doesn't has all flags it's really annoying get baseraped by the arti all the time (and this server doesn't have a high "population"). So this mixture of arty and tanks, especially if the enemy has both tanks,is leading that the players are leaving the server and that would be sad.

Base attacking is part of this map.
If the map is stable enough the construction house will be added again to the usmc base, which could ease the problem.

I can life with the construction building near the US mainbase. But what is for you "more players"? For me are that about 20 players but that's rare. There are almost about 10 players online (I'm speaking from the "old times". I do not know how popular the new Groundops is or will be) and if you get baseraped by 2 tanks, artillery and your arti is destroyed you can do nothing. And that's a little bit frustrating. I'm sure you stay at your opinion, but maybe you can set the tank respawn a little bit longer? So you can breath a little bit and set mines on strategic important points before the tank is comming again, OK the M1A2 is slow but anyway. Just a suggestion from a player.

(My english isn't perfect. Excuse me if something sounds wrong)

I can life with the construction building near the US mainbase. But what is for you "more players"? For me are that about 20 players but that's rare. There are almost about 10 players online (I'm speaking from the "old times". I do not know how popular the new Groundops is or will be)

It's not easy to predict how many players will play on groundops.
But modifying the small map isn't that easy like modifying the
32er player map. Because of gameplayobjects.con modifications
are ignored for this map, you have to do most modifications with
python. But small changes can cause server crashes, which means
a lot of testing.

That's the reason why such suggestions can't be done easy.

and if you get baseraped by 2 tanks, artillery and your arti is destroyed you can do nothing. And that's a little bit frustrating. I'm sure you stay at your opinion, but maybe you can set the tank respawn a little bit longer? So you can breath a little bit and set mines on strategic important points before the tank is comming again, OK the M1A2 is slow but anyway

I see the problem. One solution could be modifying the anti base rape script in a way that it is forbidden to attack the base flags with tanks.
But before all servers are running stable with all new features enabled this
has not a high priority.
Maybe until then there are more players on groundops and the problem has been
solved by itself.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1