General forum area dedicated to the MultiDat Gaming BF2 Servers
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1

I think the MEC base should have a Essex too, currently only the USMC base has two of them. Essex is alot stronger than 2 igla's, you can fire alot more missles much faster and it does not explode that fast as the igla does.

Also another small suggestion: The two little buildings near each other at the MEC base, I think there should be a small roof between the two buildings so they are connected with each other. This will prevent people from glitching in one of the two buildings with either parachute or helicopter.

Thanks in advance.

I think the MEC base should have a Essex too, currently only the USMC base has two of them. Essex is alot stronger than 2 igla's, you can fire alot more missles much faster and it does not explode that fast as the igla does.

Thats correct. In this case you have to consider that USMC can only reach land by crossing the water. MEC can reach all flags and vehicles much easier than USMC. But that does not mean a CIWS at the MEC base is unthinkable.
Besides that the real problem is, that most players want attack and don't consider defending the base as part of the game.
A CIWS could ease the problem because less players to defend the base are needed.

Also another small suggestion: The two little buildings near each other at the MEC base, I think there should be a small roof between the two buildings so they are connected with each other. This will prevent people from glitching in one of the two buildings with either parachute or helicopter.

Thats a well known problem. You cound solve this only by adding building parts inside the barracks. But more objects means a less stable server.

When the modding on groundops has been completed, I will consider this.

nemro hat geschrieben:

Thats a well known problem. You cound solve this only by adding building parts inside the barracks. But more objects means a less stable server.

When the modding on groundops has been completed, I will consider this.

As I've said in my post earlier, adding a small block(Roof) between the two buildings will make it absolutely impossible for people to glitch into the building. You cant get between the two buildings with a helicopter anymore, and when using parachute in combination with c4, you will land on the small roof. I have tested this on the testing server from FinDanger.

We could also think of a solution for the hotel outpost, currently people glitch into the building by parking a helicopter between the small wall and the hotel outpost at the south side(I think It's south - If you don't know what location I'm talking about let me know and I will take a screen-shot of the location). You could either also add a small roof connected with the wall but this will result in people parking small cars under it and capping the flag and then the only way to defend your flag is by ground defense. Another option is to remove the wall.

Another suggestion I had in mind, I think there should be more active in-game admins which have access to ban/kick players from the server. Lately the amount of cheaters are getting out hand, and the percentage of players cheating is growing. Currently the only active admin is FinDanger. Batuu and Kinslayer are barely or more likely never online anymore.

Yesterday there were probably 5 people banned because of cheating. Mostly commander cheats(Unlimited supply/Artillery).

As I've said in my post earlier, adding a small block(Roof) between the two buildings will make it absolutely impossible for people to glitch into the building. You cant get between the two buildings with a helicopter anymore, and when using parachute in combination with c4, you will land on the small roof. I have tested this on the testing server from FinDanger.

What do you mean by "small block"? The only objects that you can add without making the server unstable are the two destroyable bridge segments.
But adding to many of them make the server also unstable at a higher player count.

We could also think of a solution for the hotel outpost, currently people glitch into the building by parking a helicopter between the small wall and the hotel outpost at the south side(I think It's south - If you don't know what location I'm talking about let me know and I will take a screen-shot of the location). You could either also add a small roof connected with the wall but this will result in people parking small cars under it and capping the flag and then the only way to defend your flag is by ground defense. Another option is to remove the wall.

As already described, too many objects make the server unstable. The other problem is, I don't know a reliable method how to remove objects, beside the destroyable bridge objects, from the map.
If you know a method, please let me know.
The main problem is, that you can glitch inside every building, to avoid this completely you have to add too many objects.

Another suggestion I had in mind, I think there should be more active in-game admins which have access to ban/kick players from the server. Lately the amount of cheaters are getting out hand, and the percentage of players cheating is growing.

The problem is even if you add more admins, there are always times (e.g. summer) where many of them do not playing.
Adding admins for just some weeks however is too time consuming.

Currently the only active admin is FinDanger. Batuu and Kinslayer are barely or more likely never online anymore.

Yesterday there were probably 5 people banned because of cheating. Mostly commander cheats(Unlimited supply/Artillery).

If some one uses the commander hack the cheater has not to be necessarily the commander.

nemro hat geschrieben: What do you mean by "small block"? The only objects that you can add without making the server unstable are the two destroyable bridge segments.
But adding to many of them make the server also unstable at a higher player count.

I will take a screenshot from Findanger his server.

nemro hat geschrieben: The problem is even if you add more admins, there are always times (e.g. summer) where many of them do not playing.
Adding admins for just some weeks however is too time consuming.

TheKinslayer and Batuu haven't been online much early before summer.

TheKinslayer Last Visit: 2012-05-17 19:09:00
Batuu Last Visit: 2012-05-24 17:28:00

nemro hat geschrieben: If some one uses the commander hack the cheater has not to be necessarily the commander.

I know that :p

I'm thinking of starting again.I'll not play as much as before.But at the evenings it should be possible for me to play a bit.Sorry for my bad english,I have to hurry,because I'm still in Italy for holidays...Back at Saturday.

Peace ;)
Sergeant Major
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1